Travelling to Clitheroe: Choosing your Accommodation and Places to Visit
Clitheroe is Lancashire’s delightful market town nestled on the border of the Ribble Valley. It makes a great base for exploring the nearby Pendle Hill and the Forest of Bowland, which is one of the 36 Acres of Outstanding Natural Beauty of England. With the extensive range of hotel in clitheroe, your visit to the town can surely suit your budget and preferences.
Places to Visit in Clitheroe
Below are the places you should visit when you go to Clitheroe:
- Clitheroe Castle and Museum. The castle stands high on Castle Hill. It has something for all visitors to unleash their imagination. It makes for a perfect day out. The enclosure castle was made to guard the River Ribble. It served as an administrative centre and prison.
- Whalley Abbey Gatehouse. This is the second richest monasteries of Lancashire. It was founded in 1296 by the Cistercian monks moved there from their flood-prone site on the River Mersey’s Cheshire shore.
- Today, its north-west gatehouse spans a narrow lane; however, this was originally the main route northwards up the Ribble Valley. The upper floor compromised a big and airy room with each side having a three-light traceried window.
- Holmes Mill. This brewery in the heart of Clitheroe is a unique celebration of Lancashire food, entertainment, and drink. It features a beer hall, food hall, hotel, and more. It used to be a textiles mill which is the best place to indulge, explore, and unwind.
Clitheroe draws many visitors to its Jazz Festival on the first weekend in May. It also hosts the Clitheroe Grand Prix. The town celebrates a Spring Festival and the Sausage Day where locally prized sausages are showcased on January 5th. Aside from the local shops, visitors can explore beautiful scenery by foot, by bicycle, or in a drive around the green lanes. Along the Ribble Valley, many beautiful villages are waiting to be discovered.
Things to Consider when Choosing a Hotel in Clitheroe
When choosing the kind of accommodation to have in clitheroe, there are things you must look for. They include the following:
- Proximity to Tourist Attractions. Staying in a hotel near all the places you want to visit prevents you from spending too much time travelling to and from your hotel. Staying in a hotel close to the central area will give you access to the basic amenities you will need and the majority of the city’s nightlife.
- Ambiance. You want to choose a comfortable place to have a good night’s sleep. Ensure the accommodation has good reviews and do some research about the hotel to check if it is the perfect place for families, friends, or pets, couples, depending on you will be with.
- What you Need the Most in a Hotel. Some travellers prefer to a hotel with an airport pickup facility while others choose to have free breakfast. Some hotels don’t permit smoking or have separate rooms for smoking. Thus, you must book these rooms accordingly when you need them. Other things that might be important to you include Wi-Fi connection, a pool, toiletries, and others.
Comments are closed.